Thursday, May 28, 2009

Warrior PvP info

Hi, I'm beginning some research into the best way for me to arena well.  I wanted to post some links in case anyone else is looking at having an Arms or Prot heavy build that they want to use for arenas or BG's.

I thought this was a good overall guide, showing a lot of the major points you want to look out for.  However, I did notice that they were trying to throw in a few "skills" you aren't as likely to use much at first, such as Disarm, Recklessness, etc.  

Don't get me wrong, stance dancing isn't dead by any means, since they didn't implement the incredibly bad sounding stance change system, but in most situations you're having to weigh the cost of gcd's on how it get's spent.  If you're in a situation where you have low rage, (say 20 or so, unless you're talented to keep up to 30) then it might make sense to write a macro to stance to berserker, pop Recklessness, and then shift back to battle.  Even with the increase in the crit (which is nice, don't get me wrong), you definitely like the 10% extra armor ignored by your battle stance, and you don't want to be without it for long.  I just found that for now (I'm still new to PvP, remember) things are hectic enough and I don't know the best time to pop something like that.  Retaliation and Bladestorm (especially when accompanied with a glyphed Sweeping Strikes) I've about got the hang of, which are fantastic burst damage potential, and I know I still need other things in my arsenal.  I worked on a macro to allow me to spell reflect in a pinch, and I'm probably going to modify it to allow me to Shield Bash instead, since that is a lot better once I've closed to melee range.


I'll post more as I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment