Friday, May 22, 2009

My Charge Card is now limping!

Ok, so yes, they've changed the mechanics of Juggernaut, and since I don't use the Glyph of Rapid Charge, I'd never notice any changes there.

So the previous changes only reduced the crit chance, and this is what I said then:

What I do want to mention quickly is that I notice that I'm sitting pretty at around 40% crit chance unbuffed as it is, so I'm still critting after a charge about 2/3 of the time anyway, and that's before any procs from any druids or Fury Warriors etc.  

So I think I'm fine.  It didn't add nearly as much uncertainty into my rotation, it just means that once in every 3 charges I make I see a weird number come up under my Mortal Strike damage that I have to look at twice to make sure I'm not crazy, since it's so much lower than all the other times.  Even still it strikes for about 2100+ damage, so it could be a lot worse.  

Now they've also increased the cooldown of Charge from 15secs to 20secs.  Whoah, now.  Warriors are already pretty "kiteable" by some classes, and charging is about all we can do to catch up sometimes.  Why is it that talents and glyphs for warriors are like Blizzards chance for us to elect "trade-offs"?  Other classes get full out benefits depending on their talents.  We get "Well, we're going to allow you to do this, BUT we're going to nerf something else if you take this ability."

As exciting as some of the changes to Warriors have been over the last year, the fact that so many of our good abilities are being reduced to "trades" is a little obnoxious.

What's worse, we aren't really afforded the chance, as in the case of Titan's grip.  Sure, we don't "have" to take it, but since all the talents in the Fury Tree kind of lead up to it, and lean heavily on it, not taking it is kind of like kicking yourself in the head: not only does it hurt, but it leaves you wobbly and probably lying on your back.



No comments:

Post a Comment