Thursday, May 7, 2009

Arms for PvE

So I find myself contemplating how I can make my  Arms spec more appropriate for PvE.  

First of all, let me say that Arms damage right now is, to quote a tree friend of mine, "just SICK".  I ran some 5 mans last night, so I wasn't really buffed.  No flasks, no food, just me and my little ol' spec, and I was still averaging over 3K dps, and considering that's about the second time I've done group dps with this spec, I think that's looking very promising.

So the one thing that battle stance has always lacked is convenient access to an interrupt.  

Not that battle stance lacks an interrupt, mind you, because "Shield Bash" is available from battle stance, but to use "Shield Bash" you have to have a shield, and shields are notoroiously hard to come by when all your dps abilities want a 2-Hander to do the most damage.

So this leaves me two possibilies (foregetting entirely the possibility that Blizz will make Pummel available in Battle stance, since that may be too much to hope for):

Either a macro to 
*equip a one-hand axe, and shield
*cast shield bash
*re-equip my trusty BoH

or
*stance change to Berserker Stance
*use Pummel
*stance change back to Battle Stance

Of the two, I think I prefer the first option, and as that same tree friend of mine pointed out, this would allow me to add an option to that macro to use spell reflect sometimes instead of shield bash.




No comments:

Post a Comment