Monday, March 23, 2009

Titan's Gripe

Ok, so as a warrior who has been Fury specced, I have to say one thing about the changes to Titan's Grip and then I want to leave it alone, because it's not worth QQ over spilled milk.

When they first instituted TG, they had a hefty miss chance added that was so obnoxious and hurt warriors' dps so much that most people just stopped being anything but Protection.

They apparently realized they did this, so they scaled back this miss chance to a more palatable 5% so people would actually play Fury warriors (and allow them into groups).  I also think I understand why they eventually lifted this miss chance entirely, as Blizz really didn't think ahead at all in adding hit rating gear for Fury warriors to use, since we had very little, and what we had wasn't very good.

Ok, so now we're in the present, and here are these Fury warriors (myself inlcluded) who are regularly doing 3K-3.5K dps overall in raids.  Fantastic!  In fact this puts us into the top 10-12 dps virtually every raid no matter how well geared everyone is.  Never mind that in order to get there, we had to get just about epics in every slot.  Now, my issue is that if this is considered overpowered (and especially if it's considered overpowered for PvP) why is it that we're still falling behind the shadow priests that have just started raiding two weeks ago, and their 4K+ dps, or frostfire mages and their 4.5K-5K+ dps?  And why are we so overpowered that we're having every single ability that we do nerfed by 10%?  This is a huge decrease to every ability we have.  It's not like we're paladins and have some holy damage and some fire damage, or something.  We're warriors.  

It's hard for me to believe that we're too OP for PvP contests, considering the small number of fury warriors that make it to the top without DK's Pallys or Mages there to lay on the real hurt while the warrior causes some general distraction.  

For damage dealers, we can still top the charts, but we're easily cc-able, and even if we have our pops ready to go, we can be taken out of combat more easily than just about any other class.  

I think with that kind of "squishiness" we should be able to put on the hurt more.  We should be the class that if we get close is going to slaughter you, so the idea is not to let us get close.  I had an experience in an arena with a warlock that I'll never forget.  I sat still and wailed on the warlock for a good minute or so, with no one even caring that I was there.  Most of my damage was being mitigated, little of anything I did got through, the warlock didn't even drop below 75% health once.  And that was everything I could throw.  

Admittedly I was the only one on the warlock at the time, but my point stands.  Here is a classic, warrior should slaughter the warlock scenario, and even though I have some of the best gear available for my class, I'm not accomplishing anything.  The warlock isn't even sweating hard, and no one EVEN CARES what I'm doing, because they know I'm the least worrisome toon on the field.

Of course since we have virtually no way to mitigate spell damage short of a macro to equip a shield and throw up spell reflect, once they were ready for me, they just casually tossed a couple dots on me that killed me instantly.

My point being this:  are we really so OP that we "need" a 10% physical damage nerf?  Is Blizzard really seeing huge scores of Fury warriors doing 10% more damage than say, frostfire specced mages or warlocks or shadow priests?  Can they even keep up with Ret Pallies?  I'm generally feeling pretty good about myself when I can at least keep in the mix with the top grouping of ret pallies, rogues and hunters, but considering we're the ones right there next to the mobs, getting hit, and having to risk the cleaves etc. why SHOULDN'T we do more damage than the group of people who just stand back and pew pew?  I know it's more complicated than that, but they're doing sometimes twice as much damage as us already, and in at least one case, I know they were doing 1K more dps than our best equipped Fury warrior even though it was the shadow priest's 2nd week to raid (and it's not like the warrior's 3.4K dps was anything to be ashamed of).

I'd really like to know where the numbers are that support this particular change to the Fury build, because I was just starting to feel competitive, and now I'm becoming very worried about my chances to keep Fury as my dual spec.

If they don't have those numbers, then my suggestion is this:  "If it ain't broke . . .. ."

No comments:

Post a Comment