Thursday, July 29, 2010

A New Warrior Dawns

I recently decided on an experiment, now that Blizzard has done many things to make leveling more pleasant.  I decided to try to level a warrior from scratch (again), but to remove any temptation I may feel, I'm doing it on a different server.  The only assistance I'm allowing myself is having a couple of alts on the same server, one of whom is, I must admit, a DK.  The only reason I'm allowing the DK alt is that I remember how long some of the slow grinding for money was, and now that some servers' economies are a little wacky, I wanted to have a way to get a couple hundred gold when my auctions weren't selling well.  I'm not using any heirloom items, I'm not affiliated (yet) with any guilds, just grinding up.

To that end, I found a good sticky thread that covers the basic "how to" of this, which I'd like to share with you.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23393139760&sid=1

Jackburton does a great job of outlining not only what you want to strive for, but also why.  This thread is highly polished and does a great job of explaining most everything you're going to need to do if you want to try this out.

So far, I've worked for about 12 hours, and I've gotten my little Garggy up to lvl 17.  I'm disregarding the DK and paladin alts that I have put in also, as they are meaningless to me at this point.

I have a couple things to add regarding leveling your prot warrior, and that is that if you find yourself doing quests as well as the DF, I would suggest looking at Tranquilien (if you're horde, obviously), as the rep purchases there are pretty nice for low level paladins or warriors, and there is a quest chain that rewards you with a sweet shield, and if you hit exalted with them, a fantastic low tanking cloak is your reward.

I won't go too far into what I have done, but since you can't use the DF until you hit 15, until about 10 I quested in Durotar, and then once I hit about 10-12 I went to Ghost Lands and started the Tranquilien quests.  I loved the reward from the warrior quest at 10, as the axe went perfectly with my tanking orc makeup.

I'll occasionally keep you posted on what he's up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment