Monday, April 12, 2010

A New Day's Insight into Yesterday's Fears

Hello again,

So, I've been really pondering. There are still concerns I have, but I think I can supply some counter-fears as well, which may help to alleviate my concerns a lot.

For example, in reference to the WW changes, I think the end result will be a completely new and revised warrior rotation/priority system.

For example, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the rotation became something as simple as HS (unless Slam becomes instant or BT is off cooldown), and use a sunder every 20 seconds or so.
I think the issue is whether this is an improvement over our current rotation (which is debatable).

But, until we have numbers to look at, don't be afraid of new rotations. They may work out better for us, who knows.

I also expect that since we won't have as much burst damage, they'll have to increase our damage from our abilities or our white strikes to compensate. Don't be shocked if we end up seeing 30-55% of our overall damage coming from nothing but white strikes.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the overall damage will go down, just that the rotation may get less interesting than it is now.

And, while I'll be the first to tell you that I'm more concerned about overall interesting rotation, the raid is more concerned about overall damage.

I suspect that since our sunders will be less mandatory, and our other debuffs are replicable by other classes, our damage on a per strike basis will have to come up. Perhaps this alone is part of the reduction in the weapon damage component to WW, they're afraid that without this, our AoE damage will tear through the roof.

However, along with that, I wouldn't be surprised to see our new AoE rotation becoming Cleave, cleave, cleave, cleave... (etc.), and only switching to include a WW once every cd if we have more than, about 4-6 mobs in the pull.

Again, though, don't expect this to be a necessarily bad change, it's clear that it will be less interesting from our side, but the damage output may be normalized so that it still works for the raiding environment.




No comments:

Post a Comment